Revised: July 11, 2018
1. WHO IS COLLECTING YOUR INFORMATION
2. MANAGING YOUR INFORMATION PREFERENCES/ACCESS AND CORRECTION
You can review, correct, update, change, or delete your Personal Information (defined below) or opt out of receiving certain e-mails by e-mailing us at[email protected]or by clicking on the unsubscribe button in the email. Reasonable access to Personal Information will generally be provided within fifteen (15) calendar days at no cost to you, subject to limited exceptions prescribed by law.
3. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal Information We Collect Directly From You
We collect Personal Information, such as your name, address, telephone number, e-mail, and other personally identifiable information that you choose to provide us, such as when you register for e-mail communications or our rewards program or book a room at our hotel through our Site. For more information on what information we may collect in connection with reservations, please see the Reservation System section below. For more information on what information we collect in connection with our rewards program, please see the Rewards Program section below.
By providing us with your email address, you consent to receiving emails from us. You may revoke this consent at any time as described in the section on “Managing Your Information Preferences”.
We may also collect Personal Information, such as first and last names, addresses, e-mail address(es), telephone numbers, marital status, family information, and types of business information: (a) in connection with requests for proposals for weddings, meetings and other special events by completing forms on the Site; and (b) when you request certain services offered at our casino and hotel. When we collect this type of information, we will notify you as to why we are asking for information and how this information will be used. Providing this information is optional; provided, however, if you choose not to provide the requested information, you may not be able to use some or all of the features of the Site or the Services.
From time to time, our Site may request information from you via surveys, sweepstakes, or contests. Participation in these surveys, sweepstakes, or contests is completely voluntary. Requested data may include your contact data, data of birth, marital status, number of children and their ages, and your opinion/answers, social network and ‘handle’ data, preference information, and your survey answers/opinions. Contact information will be used to administer your participation in a contest or sweepstakes, notify the winners, and award prizes. Survey information will be collected and used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of the Site and our other products and services.
Information We Collect Automatically
We may automatically collect the following information about your use of our Site or Services through cookies and other technologies: your domain name; your browser type and operating system; web pages you view; links you click; your IP address; your mobile device ID; the length of time you visit our Site or use the Services; and the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Site (collectively, the “Usage Data”). We may combine this information with other information that we have collected about you, including, but not limited to and where applicable, your user name, name, and other Personal Information. Please see the section, “Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms”, below for more information. We use this information to help us understand how people use the Site and the Services, and to enhance the services we offer.
The Booking Engine will provide the Reservation Information to us to complete your reservation and to provide you with services. Some of the Reservation Information may also be provided to Boardwalk to verify if a visit occurred and to Boardwalk and Hard Rock for purposes of tracking loyalty rewards under their respective rewards program.
BOARDWALK AND HARD ROCK MAKE NO REPRESENTATION AND WARRANTIES REGARDING SUCH BOOKING ENGINE OR THEIR INFORMATION SECURITY OR PRIVACY PRACTICES. PLEASE NOTE THAT BOARDWALK AND HARD ROCK DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY RELATING TO USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION (INCLUDING RESERVATION INFORMATION) BY THE BOOKING ENGINE.
4. RIGHT NOT TO PROVIDE INFORMATION
In certain jurisdictions, you may have the right not to provide Personal Information. However, if you elect not to provide such information, you may not be able to utilize certain Services, including making room and other reservations online.
5. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use your information, including your Personal Information, for the following purposes:
- To provide our Site and the Services to you, to communicate with you about your use of our Site and the Services, to respond to your inquiries, to fulfill your orders, and for other customer-service purposes.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using our Site or the Services.
- For marketing and promotional purposes. For example, we and Hard Rock use your information, such as your e-mail address, to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you. We also may use the information that we learn about you to assist us in advertising our Site, and related services on third-party websites.
- To conduct promotions, such as sweepstakes, contests, and giveaways, and to administer and operate our Rewards Program.
- To better understand how users access and use our Site and the Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Site and the Services and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes.
6. HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information, including Personal Information, as follows:
- Affiliates: We may disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates and to Hard Rock and its affiliates; provided, however, if we do so, their use and disclosure of your personally identifiable information will be maintained by such affiliates in accordance with this Policy. Personal Information is also shared with the Booking Engine in order to process your reservations and provide you with services.
- Service Providers: We may disclose Personal Information we collect from you to third-party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf (“Service Providers”). For example, we may contract with Service Providers to provide certain services, such as hosting and maintenance, data storage and management, and marketing and promotions. We only provide our Service Providers with the information or access to information necessary for them to perform these services on our behalf. Each Service Provider must agree to use commercially reasonable security procedures and practices, appropriate to the nature of the information involved, in order to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized acquisition, access, use, or disclosure. Service Providers are prohibited from using Personal Information other than as authorized by Boardwalk.
- Business Transfers: If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company or legal entity.
- In Response to Legal Process: We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a subpoena.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information: We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users, such as Usage Data, with third parties and publicly for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies), but such disabling will impair use of the Site and the Services.
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Site and the Services, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities at our Site and the Services. There are two types of cookies: session and persistent cookies.
- Session Cookies: Session cookies exist only during an online session and they disappear from your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged into the Site. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through our Site.
- Persistent Cookies: Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Site who disable cookies will not be able to browse certain areas of the Site or use the Services.
8. ADVERTISING AND ONLINE TRACKING
9. NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
To opt out of sharing your Personal Information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, please e-mail Boardwalk at [email protected] and clearly state your request, including your name, mailing address, e-mail address and phone number. Please see Section 2 (Managing Your Information Preferences) above for additional information.
We maintain physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of information transmitted to us through this Site or the Services. However, no data transmission over the Internet or other network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect information transmitted on or through the Site or the Services, we cannot and do not guarantee the security of any information you transmit on or through the Site or the Services, and you do so at your own risk. You are also responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of any password or user login credentials you are provided in connection with the Site or the Services. You should use robust passwords that are not easily guessed.
11. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
12. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
The Site and Services are intended for users who are twenty-one (21) years old or older. In addition, we never collect or maintain information at our Site from those we actually know are under the age of thirteen (13). If we are notified that we have collected Personal Information from a person under the age of thirteen (13), we will delete that information. Our Site is a general audience website.
13. PROCESSING IN THE UNITED STATES
Please be aware that, depending on your location, your Personal Information and communications may be transferred to and maintained on servers or databases located outside your state, province, or country. If you are located outside of the United States, please be advised that we store all information in the United States. The laws in the United States may not be as protective of your privacy as those in your location. By using the Site or Services, you agree that the collection, use, transfer, and disclosure of your Personal Information and communications will be governed by the applicable laws in the United States.
14. HOW TO CONTACT US